Lakme Face Magic Daily Wear Soufflé is an addition to Lakme’s existing face portfolio and cannot be ignored. It enhances the looks by making skin flawless and perfectly even toned. It is one solution for quick, easy yet graceful makeup.
Product claim as per its site: Lightweight soufflé makeup, perfect for everyday wear.
Price: INR 99 / 30 ml
Ingredients: Sunscreens and cucumber extracts
Shelf Life: 2 Years from the date of manufacture
Shades Available: Pearl (for very fair skin), Marble (for average skin), Shell (slightly darker skin).
Texture: Non flowy, gets little lumpy but evens out on application
Directions of use:
Apply in dots onto your cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin. Smooth evenly from the center of your face outwards. Blend in well using light upward / outward motion.
First of all it is NOT a tinted moisturizer or foundation or a sunscreen. One cannot expect hydrating and moisturizing properties or complete sun protection from it. It is a good daily wear makeup as it is very light but not a complete skincare product. Pearl is my shade. I use it when I know that I don’t have to step out in sun for a very long time. If I have to do it, I mix it with my regular sunscreen. Or in dry weather conditions, I mix it with my daily moisturizer as the product itself is not hydrating. It gives a nice tint to moisturizer or sunscreen giving skin a matte effect. I have been using this product almost two-three years now and I do not have many complaints.
Following are my personal likes and dislikes for this soufflé.
1. It is very light and hence can be worn daily. It is very suitable for those who go light on makeup.
2. Does not leave any greasiness.
3. Good for oily and sensitive skin as it does not result in break out or rashes.
4. Covers up minor rashes and blemishes.
5. Blends easily with my skin tone. In fact shades can be mixed to create another shade.
6. Removal is very easy and non-messy.
7. A small bottle goes a long way as little amount of soufflé is required to give desired effect.
8. The bottle is small and handy and can be carried easily in a small handbag.
9. Very economical
10. Available at almost every cosmetic shop.
1. If the skin is chapped or is peeling, this will not hide the peel but will make it more evident as it creates and outline on peeled skin.
2. It is not suitable for dry skin as it gives a drier appearance to skin.
3. Cannot be used if one is prone to sweating. It is not water resistant and runs off easily leaving marks behind which look really ugly. Similarly, it gets transferred to phones, clothes, etc which looks messy.
4. Since sun protection factor (SPF) is not mentioned, I take liberty to assume that it does not protect from sun.
5. Does not give heavy skin coverage and any glow to the skin.
I would recommend Lakme Face Magic Daily Wear Soufflé to those who go easy on cosmetics and prefer nude shades of makeup. It is a steal for the given prices.